Monday, July 11, 2011

Howdy!

Hi everyone! some of you may know me from my other blog, Boxed Whine. Boxed whine started out as an off the derech blog. Off the derech meaning having left orthodox Judaism. I eventually turned it into a blog about my life, kvetching nearly every day. I now get between 1,000 to 2,000 readers a month. Not shabby at all for a blog I expected no one to read.

I am not working right now and I got really lonely, so i started to volunteer. There are places and events to volunteer at all over DC. I started this kick 2 years ago by being the face painting girl for the DC rollergirls. I also occasionally volunteered at Washington Animal Rescue League, I don't volunteer there much because it is so far from my home. I joined DC Rocky Horror last month as crew. Last month I did SilverDocs at the AFI and now my ass belongs to Capital Fringe Festival for the next 2 weeks. I also go through Craigslist and find one day events to volunteer for.

Why the name "I do it for the tee shirts" ? Because no matter how different each event is from each other, they all have a common thread- The volunteer tee shirt. These tee shirts make me feel like an awesome insider, like a cool kid, like i am in the know...which i am.

So sit tight as I volunteer my way clear across DC doing ticket sales, gardening and everything in between. First stop? Capital Fringe Festival 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment